Ronan O’Brien’s 4x4x48 Challenge
- When: Starts March 5, 11 pm EST.
- What: Run 4 miles every 4 hours for 48 hours.
- Cost: $0 cost for Runners. All proceeds are independently raised for the the charity of the Runner’s choice. to Enter; All proceeds independently raised for charity of runners choice. SEE DONATION FORM BELOW.
- Tune in live: All Runners worldwide start each 4-mile segment at the same time. Navy Seal and world renown David Goggins will go live on Instagram at the start of each 4 hour leg. PLEASE TAG RONAN’S PAGE & HASHTAGS IN ANY SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS (See instructions below.)
- Community: Encourage others to join in the 4x4x48 Challenge! In a time when there is so much divisiveness in the world, this event gives all of us the rare opportunity to come together for a common goal with people from all over the world!
- Share your story: We will share Ronan’s story AFTER the completion of the challenge to possibly win prizes.
I am taking on this personal challenge to raise awareness and funding for Hope House Ministries in Port Jefferson, NY.
I first came across David Goggins about 8 months ago and learned about his amazing journey of hardship, dedication, transformation, and inspiration. Like many of us he may be a little rough around the edges but the power of his message is undeniable. I encourage anyone to look up his story and/or read his book — I was blown away. Some of the obstacles he overcame include an abusive childhood, a learning disability, racism, and obesity — he became a decorated Navy Seal Veteran, an extreme endurance athlete, a top motivational speaker for pro-athletes and business moguls, and someone who has raised millions for charities such as the Special Operations Warriors Fund.
He has inspired me to be super-vigilant in maintaining a healthy body, mind, and spirit. Part of that involves doing things that are uncomfortable and stepping outside of our comfort zones to discover what we are truly capable of. That is what this 4x4x48 Challenge represents for me — and that is also what Hope House has meant for me. I am NOT an endurance athlete by any stretch of the imagination, and I have never done anything like this before! It will be a monumental CHALLENGE no doubt, but for a great cause in Hope House Ministries to which I can personally attest to the amazing services they provide.
As David noted above and Father Frank touches on often in his homilies, in a time when there is so much divisiveness, this event is a rare opportunity to come together with people all over the world for some amazing causes!
Personal Testimony – Ronan O’Brien
Hope House Ministries provides compassionate, comprehensive, and competent care for the poor, the marginal, and the wounded among us. This commitment recognizes that all life is sacred and every human being is unique and has the right to be respected and protected. Specifically, we are committed to young people and families in crisis, pregnant women and mothers and babies in crisis and all other wounded people witin our society, who are seen as abandoned and neglected. Thus we seek to be men and women of hope in a world of shattered dreams.