2023 – Hope House 4x4x48 Challenge
48 Mile Run – Run for Hope – MARCH 3-5th, 2023
Support Addiction Treatment/Awareness & The House That Love Built
TOGETHER WE RAISED $56,462.
AN ASTOUNDING AMOUNT MADE POSSIBLE BY
SO MANY OF YOU!! THANK YOU EVERYONE!
STAY TUNED FOR NEXT YEAR!
2022 Hope House Participants:
- Who: Organized & inspired by Ronan O’Brien & David Giaccone who completed the 4x4x48 in 2021 for the first time.
- 2022 – 6 Men Completed: Ed Ford, Jeremy Pecorella, Matty I, Lenny Vecchio, David Giaccone, Ronan O’B, & Ronaldo V completed 32 MILES!
- 2023 – We have 12 Hope House alumni & Residents who will step to the plate for the challenge this year. With your support we know we will make it!
- Run Starts: FRIDAY – MARCH 3RD, 2023- 11 pm EST, then every 4 hours thereafter!!!
- What: Run 4 miles every 4 hours for 48 hours.
- Current Clients, Hope House Alumni, & Community Volunteer Favorite — Connie Havens will all participate in the (12) 4 Mile Segments, with a handful of the men running ALL 48 MILES !
- Cost: Supporters can make a per mile pledge (SEE FORM BELOW)
- All proceeds are independently raised for the the charity of the Runner’s choice. In our case HOPE HOUSE MINISTRIES
- 100% of the proceeds will fund ALCOHOL & SUBSTANCE ABUSE TREATMENT & many other human services
- HOPE HOUSE MINISTRIES provides these services —AT ZERO COST TO THOSE IN NEED.
- SEE DONATION FORM BELOW.
- Tune in live: All Runners worldwide start each 4-mile segment at the same time.
- Navy Seal VETERAN & world renowned David Goggins will go live on Instagram at the start of each 4 hour leg.
- PLEASE TAG THE @HHM4X4X48 INSTAGRAM PAGE & HASHTAGS IN ANY SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS (See instructions below.)
- Community: Encourage others to join in the 4x4x48 Challenge!
- In a time when there is so much divisiveness in the world, this event gives all of us the rare opportunity to come together for a common goal with people from all over the world!
- Share our story: We will share the Hope House Runners’ story AFTER the completion of the challenge to possibly win additional prizes.
Personal Testimony – Ronan O’Brien
We are taking on this personal challenge to raise awareness and funding for Hope House in Port Jefferson, NY — a safe haven, non-traditional, long-term substance abuse treatment facility which allows individuals to TRANSFORM THEIR LIVES. Hope House also provides and its numerous locations — shelter for the homeless, safe housing for domestic violence victims, safe housing/education for youth at risk, a stand alone mental health facility, and much more!
We were first introduced to David Goggin’s via the internet and learned about his amazing journey of hardship, dedication, transformation, and inspiration. Like many of us he may be a little rough around the edges, but the power of his message is undeniable. We encourage everyone to look him up and read his book “Can’t Hurt Me” — We were blown away. Some of the obstacles he overcame include an abusive childhood, a learning disability, racism, and obesity — he eventually became a decorated Navy Seal, extreme endurance athlete, top motivational speaker for pro-athletes and business moguls, and someone who has PERSONALLY raised millions for charities such as the Special Operations Warriors Fund.
He has inspired us to be super-vigilant in maintaining a healthy body, mind, and spirit. Part of that involves doing things that are uncomfortable and stepping outside of our comfort zones to discover what we are truly capable of. That is what this 4x4x48 Challenge represents for us — and that is also what Hope House has meant for us. We are NOT endurance athletes by any stretch of the imagination! It will be a monumental CHALLENGE no doubt, but for a great cause in Hope House Ministries to which we can personally attest to the MIRACLES they provide everyday!
As David noted above and Father Frank touches on often in his homilies,
In a time when there is so much divisiveness, this event is a rare opportunity to come together with people all over the world for some amazing causes!
For any more Info or if you would like to be a substantial Donor or Corporate Sponsor:
Ronan O’B Email: email@example.com
Ronan O’B Cell: 718.839.0012 (text or call!)